Padmasri Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan, aged 75, Violin Maestro, breathed his last in a hospital at Chennai, after a prolonged cardiac illness. He is known for his novel ideas while playing violin, and has composed music for several films. He served as the secretary of Thygabrahma Sabha, Thiruvaiyaru, Tanjore.

When he was asked why do you prefer to appear in silk attire always, he replied, I am been presented with the silk shawls by my fans and people who believe in me... I do not want to either dump or sell them out, thus I prefer to wear them as suits rather.

He has created waves amongst his audiences through his performances. He served as the President of the Raga research Centre. For several years, Padmasri Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan had headed the 'Iyal Isai Nataka Mantram' of Tamil Nadu. .
His death is a great loss to the music industry.

0 comments

Post a Comment